So simple and delicious. Use the basic muffin recipe as your base and then add in anything you want. Blueberries were a great pick but I’m looking forward to trying it with some fall foods: apples, pumpkin, hazelnut, fresh herbs and goat cheese……the possibilities are endless.
2 1/2 cups almond flour or almond meal (I used meal)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3 large eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (you can also use pumpkin puree or mashed very ripe banana)
2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
Optional Flavorings: vanilla or almond extract, citrus zest, dried herbs, spice
Optional Stir-Ins: fresh fruit, dried fruit, chopped nuts or seeds
1. Preheat over to 350. Line cups in muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking soda and salt (if you’re using dried herbs mix those in at this point).
3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, applesauce, oil and vinegar (add any extracts or zest at this point, if using)
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir until well blended. Mix in any stir-ins.
5. Ladle batter into muffin cups.
6. Bake for 14-18 minutes until center is set and edges are golden brown.