Cooler mornings are upon us and my oven is starting to get some use. I had heard you could do a Paleo bread with no flour whatsoever but I didn’t believe it – until now. Moist, delicious and perfectly cakelike, this Chocolate Zucchini Bread will convert Paleo and non- Paleo folks alike.
If you’re up for it (and you have the right equipment) you can save a few dollars and try a hand at making your own almond butter.
1 cup of almond butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl combine the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) and fold into the batter.
3. Stir in shredded zucchini. If really watery, squeeze out excess water.
4. Place in a (parchment paper) lined or greased 3.5″x7.5″ loaf pan. You can use mini loaf pans too, just fill 3/4 full.
5. Top with 1-2 TB of mini chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 23-28 minutes if you have mini loaf pans and 35-50 minutes for large loaf pan. Start testing with toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
7. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve!